Dik Drug Infusion Pharmacy is a family owned business that has a history going back over three generations. The Dik founders and their clinical staff have a belief that every patient must be provided with highest quality medical care possible. Our medical professionals and caring compassionate staff fully understand what is needed to make that high level quality care a reality. Our patient focused mission can only be accomplished by experienced and qualified professionals with the absolute desire to meet patient needs by delivering on the directives as prescribed by their physicians.
The Dik Drug Infusion Standard of Care Excellence is accomplished by:
- ACHC – Accreditation Commission for Health Care
- URAC – Utilization Review Accreditation Commission – In Progress These two recognized industry accreditation organizations apply measurable standards to all facets of the infusion pharmacy business. These standards are designed to ensure on a continuing basis the health care services provided are at the highest quality levels. A licensed experienced clinical and specialty team.
- Following current best practices for each drug therapy administered.
- Providing an immediate infusion scheduling process.
- Face to face communications with the patient and their caregivers covering;
- A case management review for each patient’s specific therapy.
- A review of expected infusion times and possible side effects.
- Coaching on special nutrition requirements as needed.
- Reviewing and verifying their specific insurance coverage.
- Our clinicians are available 7 days a week, 24 hours each day.
- Ensuring our patient’s privacy and their medical records are secure.
- Providing at home therapy options as appropriate.
- Our ongoing communication process with their physicians on their progress.
- Providing medical home care training for family and caregivers as needed.
- Medication counseling with our specialty pharmacist.
- Providing / arranging transportation to clinic and home when needed.
John Henry Dik
Born in 1939, John began his long and successful career at his family-owned Dik Drug Company on August 1, 1958. At that time the company’s annual sales were a meager $180,000. Through John’s efforts, the company’s annual sales approached $700 million in 2010, when it was later sold to Cardinal Health. John attributes his success to the guidance of God’s grace. The characteristics of the company that he established at Dik Drug Company were ensuring that the customer always comes first, hiring the best people possible, and establishing close relationships among his employees, suppliers and pharmacies. John was a member of the Board of Pharmacy for the State of Illinois from 1997 to 2000. He actively defended the interests of pharmacies on Capitol Hill. John raised four children and is the grandfather of fourteen. As an accomplished musician, John mastered the trumpet at a young age and has added the piano to his repertoire of musical activities. John continues to actively guide the development of innovative pharmaceutical-related businesses.
Angie developed a passion for languages at an early age while living in her native country of Korea. She came to the US to study English and become a translator. However, due to a series of family health events her career path quickly changed and evolved. Through her personal family health struggles Angie has gained much knowledge and compassion for patients and their families, seeking excellent healthcare services. With many years of experience, and as a certified pharmacy technician, Angie is utilizing her talents as owner and CEO of Dik Drug Infusion Pharmacy. Angie is very family oriented and her goal is to ultimately spend more time with her two sons and their families. She has three wonderful grandchildren. In her free-time she enjoys reading, hiking and an occasional trip to the spa.
Jeff comes to the organization with over 30 years of experience in home infusion and healthcare. His initial role in healthcare began as a driver. Jeff has worked for companies large and small, both privately held and large public entities. Over his 30 years of experiences he has advanced forward, wearing many hats, and truly learning the industry from the ground up.
R.PH., MEd. Clinical Pharmacist
Jeanne has been a pharmacist in many capacities for over 35 years. She has worked in all facets of pharmacy, including retail, hospital, long-term care and infusion clinics. Her MEd. major in counseling is an asset when helping patients understand their complex medication therapies. She has four children and is now very busy enjoying her ten grandchildren.